Monday, April 6, 2009
auntie lina's chicken & mushroom bread pie
bila dah siap and ready to be eaten.
1/2 honey roested chicken, deboned & cut into bite-sized pieces
1 large yellow onion, chopped/diced
1 can cream of chicken mushroom(laa, smalam aku pakai mushroom cream je..ngehehe)
100 g fresh abalone mushrooms
100g fresh button or shiitake mushroom(alaa, kalau malas pakai aje button mushroom tin tuh)
5 slices buttered white bread or any crusty bread.
1. preheat oven to 200'c. litely grease baking tin/casserole dish w butter.
2. heat butter in a pan.fry onions until soft n' fragrant. Add in mushrooms to fry for 3mins. Next put in the chicken, followed by the chicken soup. stir and bring to boil, reduce heat & let it simmer for about 3mins. adjust seasoning n pour mixture into prepared tin.
3. arrange bread, buttered side facing upwards, on d' mixture and bake until bread is brown & crispy. serve hot on its own.
- u can substitute roast chicken w raw chicken pieces-put them before adding the mushrooms. suggest using thigh meat for juicier result.
- pasta can be added for a more filling meal.
- using crusty bread slices like french baguette or farmer's bread will result in a more fragrant pie.
- feel free to bend the recipes to yer liking.. hihi.. gud luck trying.