tuan recipe nih kata it's impossible to fail trying her recipe.. well i faired well my 1st time trying, but through my 3rd attempt, bila dah tak poyo ikut steps dia, my cheesecake dah tak segebu 1st try.. moralnya, sila ikut recipe sepenuh hati ye che puan semua..:).. gambar ni, recipe serupa different topping.. tu saja
450g cream cheese, room temperature
115g unsalted butter softened
1 tbsp vanilla extract
200g castor sugar
7 large eggs
450ml whipping cream
60ml lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 180'c. Prepare a 25X25X8cm square tin by lining and greasing the sides with butter. Wrap the outside with aluminium foil. You will need another large pan to bake this bain-marie style.
2. Using a cake mixer, beat the cheese & butter on medium speed until soft & smooth. Scrape down the sides. Add vanilla, sugar & cornflour. Mix until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Lower the speed & add the cream. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides & then mix mix again. This is to ensure the mixture is smooth & thin. Add in the lemon juice and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into the prepared pan. Place this pan into the larger pan and put both into the preheated oven. Pour hot water -about 3cm deep-into the large pan. Bake for 30 minutes, increase the to 190'c and bakefor a further 30 minutes, until the top is a pale golden brown.
5.Remove pans from oven & take the smaller pan out of the larger pan. Allow to stand until cool.
6. Run knife around the inside of the pan. Cover the cake tin with a large plate or serving tray, flip over and the cake should slide from the tin to the plate. Refrigerate the cake for at least 6 hours before serving.
notes - 1.for more intense lemon flavour, add 1 tbsp of finely grated lemon rind into the mix
2. to jazz up the cake before serving, puree some fruits- strawberry. mangos or kiwifruit- and apply thinly